Group Fire Safety Manager
Acre has been engaged on an exclusive basis by a high-profile property management and development business to identify Group Fire Safety Manager. You will work closely with the Head of Fire Safety in the development and delivery of corporate fire safety governance across the business. The position will also include supporting high level business management and administration, including performance monitoring via auditing. You'll also lead on fire safety 'road-mapping' to ensure best practice, strategic planning, policy development and design high level corporate assurance and reporting to the Ops Compliance Board.
Responsibilities will include
- Effective support to the Head of Fire Safety in the discharge of their Duty Holder function and recommendations arising from the Hackitt enquiry
- Deliver advice and support to Estates Technical Teams Project Managers and Group H&S Managers
- Review of current and future fire life safety systems e.g., suppression systems, PFFE
- Evaluate innovative fire safety solutions, technology and support early adoption of fire safety ideas
- Work towards a resident engagement strategy and improving transparency of fire safety for all tenants
You'll need great engagement and influencing skills, the ability to coach and support non-technical stakeholders and be up for working in an open, collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Qualified safety practitioner working towards Grad IOSH qualification (with an aim to achieve Grad IFE membership or similar with the FPA), with up-to-date knowledge of fire safety legislation, its application and best practice
- Demonstrable track record of delivering measurable improvements in fire safety
- Proven ability to influence at a corporate governance level and engage across the business, with ability to lead by example
- Evidence of influencing and driving behavioural change across a multi-site organisation; holding excellent interpersonal communications skills, including excellent credibility
- Adaptable, positive, and proactive to changing commercial drivers and assessing the impact on modern fire safety issues
- Project management experience within a safety environment is also desirable
If you're looking to take your career to the next stage, this is the job for you. Our client offers great development opportunities, and you'll also be joining a highly capable and engaged team.