Health & Safety Business Partner
You're working in health & safety as you want to make a difference. You have a desire to create meaningful change - but is your business supporting you to accomplish that?
This business, a national house-building organisation, know that their future must be a safe and sustainable one. The board are ready for innovation to take place and are looking for someone like you to be their pioneer.
Day to day, you'll be putting your experience and expertise setting realistic and meaningful health & safety objectives into practice. You'll work closely with regional leadership teams to ensure a collective vision that extends beyond systems and compliance to focus on people and behaviour, helping to create a positively reinforced learning culture.
* A confident and experienced influencer - You'll be the functional H&S lead on all developments in your region, responsible for embedding continuous improvement into the company strategy and engaging with the board.
* Organised and happy to be hands on with the day to day requirements of the role - You'll be working closely with the regional leadership teams to ensure H&S is a key factor in the lifecycle of a development, from design through to completion.
* Commercially aware - You will be supporting the production of bids for new land and projects, making sure that you're positioning the business in line with local partners and their H&S objectives.
* An innovator - You'll thrive on new ideas and challenging traditional methods of working. You'll win the hearts and minds of a variety of stakeholders, both internally and externally, to ensure operational teams take accountability and ownership of H&S performance.
In terms of experience;
* It's important that you have experience working in the house building sector.
* It's vital that you're technically proficient - CMIOSH or GradIOSH working towards chartership is essential for success.
* If you can demonstrate that you're able to build relationships at every level, from building site to boardroom, that will go a long way.
* Some creativity and evidence of collaboratively solving problems in your current health & safety role is welcome.
You will be based in the north west, ideally within an hour's drive of Liverpool, and there will be as many as 12 developments in your region. That will mean some driving, so a license is essential!
In return for your skills and expertise you'll be met with a salary of up to £65,000 dependent on your experience, a car allowance worth £8,000 or company car, and a discretionary bonus. You'll also have some peace of mind. This organisation hasn't been affected by recent events and is pushing ahead with its growth and hiring plans.
If this has piqued your interest, get in touch with Jonathan Goldsmith at to discuss the role. Don't worry if your CV isn't ready yet - we can work out the finer details later.
Apply for Health & Safety Business Partner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly