Environment Advisor, London, £43,000 + Car and Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a high-profile civil engineer to recruit an Environment Advisor, to work across their business. The organisation has a track record of successful delivery of high-profile projects and the environmental agenda has always been core to their operations. This is an excellent opportunity to join the existing SHEQ team and further develop your career.
Key responsibilities of the Environmental Advisor will include:
- Ensuring the delivery of the environmental policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across a wide range of diverse infrastructure projects
- Conducting site visits and audits, constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements and deliver training where required
- Carrying out site inspections and audits, undertake preliminary environmental assessments and provide environmental training where required
- Acting as the main point of contact for the environmental sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors, and regulators
The successful Environmental Advisor requires:
- Demonstrable environmental and sustainability experience, ideally within the infrastructure, construction, rail, utilities, or related sector
- Qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in an appropriate environmental discipline
- Professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWEM)
- A passion for excellence, and an ambition to grow and develop a career within the environmental space
The role will involve the communication of ideas throughout the organisation, the ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader, in their sector, and effect real change through forward thinking schemes. The position will include travel, a valid UK driving license is required.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Isla Robson on 01923 432 832 or or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.