Director of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ)
£57,391 - £68,288
Permanent, Full-time, Part-time, flexible working, job share
Cefas is seeking to hire a Director of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality to support the CEO and executive team in setting HSEQ direction and strategy and systems to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, promote best practice and build cultural awareness that enables Cefas to achieve excellence in recognised standards and benchmarks.
It is essential that you can demonstrate experience in leading the Health and Safety function in a medium to large scale organisation, ideally with knowledge of operating in a complex marine environment.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the HSEQ Team.
- Ensuring delivery of HSEQ strategy and objectives.
- To be accountable to the CEO for all matters and arrangements relating to health, safety environment and quality, to include employees and those affected by the operations of Cefas.
- To work closely with and support the executive team and senior leaders as they embed the Cefas H&S improvement projects to achieve targeted objectives.
- To build an approach to develop HSEQ culture with Cefas Leaders and role models.
- To own and shape the HSEQ Management Systems (MS), setting and monitoring all elements of “Plan” “Do” “Check” “Act” (PDCA) and “Zero Harm” initiatives.
- To understand and ensure that the implications and duties imposed by new Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments, HSEQ Guidance Notes and Codes of Practice are brought to the attention of the CMB and SLT.
- To develop external and internal relationships to collaborate and lead in health, safety and welfare to ensure that good communications exist between employer and employees including formal requirements with Prospect trade union representatives.
- To manage the HSEQ team over the full range of their duties and responsibilities, with respect to inspections, audits, report recommendations, changes in legislation and advice obtained from other sources.
- To ensure appropriate communication and involvement of distributing and communicating health, safety and quality information obtained for the HSEQ, Safety organisations and Trade associations regarding new techniques of accident prevention, new legislation requirements and codes of practice etc.
- To monitor that the Cefas Management Teams are meeting HSEQ KPI’s and objectives and provide prompt information to relevant Directors/Managers to support improvement where required and/or where deviations occur.
- To ensure the continual professional development of HSEQ Staff. Leading and developing Cefas Internal HSEQ Capability as a head of profession.
Requires a minimum of a degree/higher degree such as Master of Science in Occupational Health and Safety Management, plus significant relevant experience in a related area of work.
Chartered Membership of a relevant professional body.
For full details and to apply online please click Apply.
Closing date for applications is 13 April 2021.