Health and Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager
£43,000 - £48,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join an industry leader. Advanced Proteins are one of the largest animal by product rendering, pet food protein ingredient suppliers and biomass producers in the United Kingdom.
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in developing and promoting our organisation's position on a wide range of health and safety (H&S) issues and delivering projects aimed at improving H&S within our industry. This involves working alongside colleagues within the organisation, including directors, managers and our highly trained staff. Candidates applying for this role will be highly engaged individuals who have a passion for delivering H&S programmes with an industry focus
Core responsibilities will include:
- Developing and delivering H&S strategies to support directors, managers and our workforce
- Monitoring legislative and policy changes and their impact on the organisation's members and the industry as a whole
- Presenting guidance and providing advice and assistance to the organisation
- Managing the Company Health and Safety committees and specific task related committees
- Accountability for sustaining our ISO 45001 certification and also our Company risk management strategy, including risk assessments and safe working procedures.
- To co-ordinate all aspects of health and staff training, site health and safety inspections, safety audits, permits to work and incident investigations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 5 (essential)
- Degree level in health and safety / OSH (or equivalent), combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge and working experience as a Health and Safety Manager, OSH Manager or a SHEQ Manager within industry positions (essential).
- Experience of managing confined space entry projects.
- Experience within CDM projects (desirable)
- Membership of IOSH, preferably CMIOSH.
Although the role requires a considerable amount of forward thinking strategy, a physical presence within the work environment is also required to ensure that agreed goals and objectives are achieved across the business.
Working hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm.
If you believe you have the right blend of skill and experience to succeed, please submit your CV and covering letter using the form below or by clicking the "Apply" button.
For more information on the role, please contact Dave Carr, Compliance Officer, or Barney Williams, Technical Director, on 01782 550115.
Apply for Health and Safety Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly