Principal Lead - Operational Risk Management (ORM)
Remote working role with travel
Possible role locations: UK, Canada, Brazil, South Africa, Australia
Acre is currently partnering with a leading global mining company that provides many of the metals and minerals that enable a cleaner, greener, more sustainable world. The business is seeking an individual that will exemplify a culture where safety and health is paramount and act as a role model. Someone who actively seeks out new experiences and contributions from best practice in their field, and incorporates this into their part of the organisation, someone who surrounds themselves with people that can provide input and guidance and might even change their perspective on something.
Day-to-day, you will be ensuring operational risks are being identifies and effectively managed via the ORM programme to achieve sustainable results. A key focus will be to assist the organisation with ORM implementation as the key driver of risk management avoiding over-complication and ensuring efficient use of available risk resources.
You and your experience
- A consistent outstanding role model in relation to safety practices with deep understanding of the importance of safety and risk management.
- You will have a proven track record and extensive practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity in a relevant technical discipline.
- You will demonstrate successful execution and delivery within risk management in a global mining operating environment.
- You will have a comprehensive understanding of operational processes and risk management systems developed through direct experience in operational environments and especially organisational layered risk models.
- You will have a proven track record of translating concepts onto practical initiatives to be implemented.
- Someone who demonstrates experience working at a senior level with operational and / or enterprise risk management processes.
- Someone who demonstrates success interacting and influencing a wide range of stakeholders and senior leadership to front-line employees; and ability to:
- Assist with the successful implementation and application of ORM processes, methods, and tools, proactively applying risk management techniques to support the identification of operational risks and opportunities and developing solutions.
- Understanding the day-to-day activities within the minerals industry and its related operations and the culture and pressures that can impact ways of working.
- Effectively creating and analysing reports on key metrics and qualitative data that identifies risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Pre-empts and defines behaviours, organisational pressures, aspects of the mining environment and system implications that cause risk to the business, individuals, and communities.
- Supports transformation efforts in line with business strategy and wider factors affecting the organisation.
- Applies a systematic, knowledge-based problem-solving approach and structured methodologies (including bowtie and critical control, root cause, fault and event trees, HAZOP, HAZID, WRAC, JRA, SLAM, and statistical analyses) to investigate risks and opportunities to create effective, value-add technical solutions.
- Applies an in depth understanding of the mining value chain to identify and execute on opportunities where technical expertise can enhance business performance.
- Ability to communicate in English (advanced level for verbal and written.)
- Desirable: ability to speak additional languages (particularly Spanish or Portuguese)
- Working at high altitude may be required at times.
- Regular work on site at mining operations will be required. This may involve
activities of a physical nature in a typical mine environment (for example noise,
vibration, heat, small spaces, reduced visibility).
If you have the skills and experience our client is looking for and you would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please apply or get in touch with us today.