Principal Designer - Permanent - Junior or Experienced PD
Your new company
I'm currently working with a multi-disciplined consultancy based in Liverpool who are looking for a Principal Designer to join their team. With over 600 staff through the UK, this company is a leader in their field and pride themselves on their repeat business. Currently running a range of projects in the North West including high rise residential, social housing and heritage schemes as well as large infrastructure projects ranging from 500k - 150m. This is a fantastic opportunity for either a graduate or an experienced PD to join a growing business.
Your new role
The main purpose of your role will be to take control of various projects from pre-construction phase through to completion. Key duties will include:
- Informing the client of their duties under CDM regulations
- Plan, manage and monitor the pre-construction phase
- Prepare health & safety files ensuring they are reviewed and updated regularly through the project
- Coordinate matters relating to health & safety so that the project can be carried out without risk
- Ensure designers comply with CDM regulations
- Assist the client in the provision of pre-construction information
- Liaise with principal contractors
- Identify and eliminate or control foreseeable risks to the health and safety
What you'll need to succeed
You will have experience working in a Principal Designer role previously, ideally with a consultancy background. Knowledge of CDM regulations and technical knowledge of the construction industry required along with an understanding of how health & safety is managed through the design process. My client is looking for either a graduate level PD or someone who has a large amount of experience within this role.
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity to join a market leading organisation on a permanent basis, full time. 20 days holiday minimum + bank holidays, private healthcare, pension and critical illness. Salary depending on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.