Head of Health & Safety
Head of Health & Safety – reporting to the Director
Want to join the team that keeps 7.5m people safe and warm?
We’re looking to appoint a Head of Health & Safety to lead the Wales & West Utilities Health & Safety strategy and vision.
The successful candidate will be responsible for setting the strategic direction and standards for the effective safety management of our colleagues and contractors. They will also be responsible for supporting the senior management team in driving and maintaining an established positive safety culture.
You will also be responsible for ensuring WWU’s Safety Management System for the control of Major Accident Hazards and Safety Critical Activities
We’ll trust you to:
- Have extensive proven experience of working in a health and safety role at a similar level in a regulated environment
- Understand the importance of workplace wellbeing initiatives and how they add value to an organisation
- Coach and mentor our senior managers to develop health and safety knowledge and experience
- Be responsible for senior external engagement with regulatory authorities such as the Health & Safety Executive and other relevant enforcement agencies. the Environment Agency, and Natural Resources Wales.
You’ll need to:
- Be a Chartered member of IOSH – essential
- Hold an engineering professional qualification – Minimum Incorporated Engineer - essential
- Knowledge of the energy industry or other Major Accident Hazard industry - essential
- Have experience in completing health and safety management audits against standard ISO 45001, 55001, and 14001 - essential
- Project Management experience - essential
- Technical and engineering experience - essential
- Member of IGEM/IMechE– desirable
You can read a detailed job description by downloading the file in “Supporting documents” below..
What’s in it for you?
At Wales & West Utilities we believe people are our greatest asset and therefore we are committed to supporting each and every colleague in maintaining their wellbeing, both in their personal lives and at work.
To support this, we offer a package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefit options
- Comprehensive training
- Company car or cash alternative
The way we do things
Wales & West Utilities is a values-based business. You can find out more here.
Interested? Click the "Apply" button.