Environmental Compliance Advisor - North/North-West London office based, sites across London - up to £45k+package - construction
The main purpose of this role is to support the SHEQ Manager in all aspects of environmental & quality management, to understand and implement the Environmental management systems, in order to enable compliance with legislation.
* Help promote a positive culture and continual improvement of environmental and quality standards throughout the company.
* Provide advice and support to management and operational teams on environmental & quality related matters, monitor satisfactory resolution of SHEQ problems.
* Co-ordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, sustainable procurement, environmental health, conservation & renewable energy.
* Develop relations with local EA departments for advice and learning.
* Assist the SHEQ Manager in implementing the environmental management system, managing company accreditations and ISO standards.
* Collate & maintain accurate records of relevant SHEQ data, complete trend analysis of various items in relation to SHEQ and key performance indicators.
* Assist with the development & maintenance of SHEQ related documents e.g. policies, procedures, guidance, alerts & forms.
* Assist with creation and implementation of SHEQ procedures across the business, proactively looking for areas of improvement to add value.
* Conduct risk based SHEQ audits programme, issuing reports to local & senior management to ensure that projects are being managed appropriately, ensuring that actions are taken as directed.
* Maintain environmental & document control administrative systems and procedures for and assist with their integration where appropriate.
* Make recommendations to the business in line with continual improvement and act as a conduit to share best practice across the business.
* Review environmental incident reports, assist with investigations & debriefs.
* Support SHEQ Manager in delivering training and awareness programmes.
* Contribute to setting company objectives & targets in relation to environment & quality to ensure corporate social responsibility & sustainable development of business.
* Assist during tendering, planning & pre-construction stages to advise on matters as required & pre-contract training requirements.
* Attend SHEQ meetings as required e.g. SMS reviews, SLT & team meetings.
* Keep up to date on legislation, codes of practice and best practice guidance on environmental & quality matters.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria as a minimum:
* Environmental degree or equivalent Environmental qualification.
* Internal / Lead Auditor Qualification
* IEMA membership
* Experience of working within environmental / compliance function within a construction environment.
* Good attention to detail, highly organised, ability to self-manage & prioritise workload.
* Ability to assist in leading and developing change, excellent communication skills.
* Excellent experience of standard computer software packages e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook & project document control systems.
* Knowledge of ISO 14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS 18001.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Apply for Environmental Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly