Head of Fire Safety
Acre are delighted to be partnered with one of the largest property management groups in the UK to identify their new Head of Fire Safety. Reporting into the Director of Health and Safety you will provide strategic and operational support to a wide range of teams across the organisation, allowing them to fulfil their fire safety roles and responsibilities to the highest standards.
You will take a leading role on the design and implementation of Fire Risk Management policies, procedures and processes to maintain the highest standards of fire safety across all areas of the business. You will also develop and embed an effective and consistent approach to fire safely across the organisation working with and co-ordinating a large team of internal and external partners to meet current and future government fire safety requirements.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To promote and sustain constructive, supportive and open working relationship with all customers, external and internal clients, immediate and senior management by providing technical strategic advice and guidance.
- Work effectively with external bodies such as fire experts/partners and fire and building enforcement authorities.
- Provide and arrange fire safety support, advice and information to all relevant managers and staff across the business.
- Lead and work with internal support teams and colleagues to develop and deliver a clear fire safety improvement plan.
You will need great engagement and influencing skills, the ability to coach and support non-technical stakeholders and be up for working in an open, collaborative and fast paced environment.
Skills and experience:
- A chartered engineer or member of a relevant professional institution and ideally evidence of fire safety education and AIFireE level membership or equivalent.
- Innovative and forward thinking approach to problem solving, particularly in complex scenarios.
- Semi-autonomous and ability to work on own initiative, prioritising workload according to risk and business need.
- Capable of coaching managers with problem solving and empowering them to have the confidence to make their own decisions.
- Ability to quantify, evaluate and manage risks arising from routine and non-routine problems.
- Significant experience in Residential Property Management, Building Services, FM, or Commercial sectors.
This role covers the whole of the UK and is home based but with regular travel. The head office is in the South East.
Apply for Head of Fire Safety
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly