Principal Manager - Global Process Safety
Remote working role with travel
Possible role locations: UK, South Africa, Australia
Acre is currently partnering with a FTSE 100 listed global mining company that provides many of the metals and minerals that enable a cleaner, greener, more sustainable world. The business is seeking an individual that will exemplify a culture where safety and health is paramount and act as a role model. Someone who actively seeks out new experiences and contributions from best practice in their field, and incorporates this into their part of the organisation, someone who surrounds themselves with people that can provide input and guidance and might even change their perspective on something.
Day-to-day, you will be ensuring process risks are being identified and effectively managed via the Process Safety Programme to achieve sustainable results. You will be responsible for defining, developing and implementing this global Process Safety Management System to prevent actual or potential unplanned or uncontrolled release of materials from project activity.
What you'll be doing;
- Define, develop and deploy a global Process Safety Management System including development of standards, procedures and guidelines as well as key performance indicators.
- Lead or facilitate Process Hazard Analysis studies such as HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA etc. on existing, new and modified processes and define effective risk management controls.
- Lead process safety management assessment during operational risk assurance reviews and project toll-gate reviews, including FEED stage reviews, detailed design reviews, and ORR / PSSR.
- Provide expert process safety engineering advice to design, construction, and maintenance engineers and operating personnel.
- Develop and deploy Process Safety Management training and toolkits for respective stakeholders.
- Lead and/or assist in Tier 1 and 2 process safety event (PSE) investigations.
- A background in the Petrochemicals or Oil & Gas sectors.
- An undergraduate qualification in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or Fire Safety Engineering.
- Extensive experience in a process safety leadership role.
- A proven track record developing and delivering Process Safety Management Programmes.
- Expertise in fire and safety engineering standards, including NFPA, API, SANS, ANSI, ATEX etc.
- The ability to generate new ideas and translate these into practical initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in a senior leadership role within a technical environment, including the coordination of knowledge sharing within a sub-discipline, managing workload and reviewing the work of others to ensure consistency with task requirements.
- Ability to communicate in English (advanced level for verbal and written.)
- Desirable: ability to speak additional languages (particularly Spanish or Portuguese)
- Working at high altitude may be required at times.
- Regular work on site at mining operations will be required. This may involve activities of a physical nature in a typical mine environment (for example noise, vibration, heat, small spaces, reduced visibility).
If you have the skills and experience our client is looking for and you would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please apply or get in touch with us today.