Health & Safety Consultant - Hazardous Materials
Are you an Environment, Health & Safety professional who wants to make a difference? Is your business supporting you to do this? Do you enjoy challenging traditional thinking when it comes to EHS and compliance?
SCM Safety is a family-owned safety & compliance management consultancy located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Established in 1991, they have a varied client base, ranging from 'Mom-and-Pop' stores to multinational technology giants. SCM has earned an outstanding reputation of delivering best-in-class EHS consultancy services and training, and as such is looking to add to their team of experienced Consultants.
Day to day, you'll be working with a variety of clients across the Bay Area, putting your experience and expertise delivering EHS training and consultancy in the Hazardous Materials sector into practice. You'll be supported by SCM's General Manager, as well as a highly respected and experienced Hazardous Materials Consultant who you will work with and learn from.
- A confident and enthusiastic trainer - You'll be able to excite, inspire and challenge clients, helping to bring safety and compliance to life with engaging training sessions. You will hold yourself to the highest standards, but you will enjoy doing what you do and so will your clients!
- A self-starter who is organised yet agile - You'll need to be adaptable to suit client needs. You'll quite often work alone in the field, however you'll always have the support of the wider SCM team when you need it.
- An innovator - You'll thrive on new ideas and challenging traditional methods of working. Despite your experience, you'll have a self-improvement mindset with the drive to continually learn and develop.
In terms of experience;
- It's important that you have extensive experience working in the Hazardous Materials or Waste sectors.
- You will have knowledge of Cal/OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER, IATA/IMDG, EPA and other applicable regulations.
- Knowledge of human performance and systems thinking principles would be desirable.
- It's vital that you are able to deliver engaging, exciting and effective training to a variety of audiences, from site operatives to board members.
- It's important that you take pride and ownership of your work, holding yourself to the highest standards. At the same time, you will also need to have a sense of humor and thoroughly enjoy doing what you do.
- Some creativity and evidence of collaboratively solving problems in your current EHS or Compliance role is welcome.
You will be based in, or within a commutable distance of, the San Francisco Bay Area. There will be some driving involved, so owning a car is essential.
In return for your skills and expertise, you'll be met with a salary of up to $120,000 dependent on your experience, access to the employee bonus program, paid travel costs, medical, dental and life insurance, vacation and sick pay, and paid continuing education and professional memberships. You'll also have some peace of mind. SCM hasn't been affected by recent events and is pushing ahead with its growth and hiring plans.
If this has piqued your interest, get in touch with Jonathan Goldsmith at to discuss the role. Don't worry if your CV isn't ready yet - we can work out the finer details later.
Apply for Health & Safety Consultant - Hazardous Materials
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly