Health and Safety Manager
London | £60,000 + Car allowance + Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a Specialist Contractor to recruit a Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Advisor (SHEQ) Manager. The company work on a range of refurbishment and fit out projects across various sectors. The successful candidate will be driven to progress their career, working closely with the SHEQ Director to achieve this.
The role is tasked both with ensuring the SHEQ policies and procedures are in place across the business and working with site leaders to ensure the successful implementation onsite.
Responsibilities of the SHEQ Manager will include:
- Working with the SHEQ Director to assess the current SHEQ policies and procedures undertaking a gap analysis
- Assessing opportunities for development and improvement across the policies and procedures and implementing action plan for improvement
- Visiting site, assisting, advising and coaching site leaders and contractors to ensure the SHEQ policies and procedures are successfully implemented
- Implementing an audit programme to ensure the HSE policies and procedures are consistently implemented at site level
The successful SHEQ Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within construction or a related industry
- Solid experience creating and implementing health, safety and environment policies and procedures with a keen eye for detail
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching senior management and site level operations
- A NEBOSH certificate or equivalent, and ideally hold or working towards Diploma, with the relevant IOSH accreditation
This role will involve regular travel across London sites.
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Isla Robson on 01923 432 801, or
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.