EHS Site Lead
6 days left
- NEBOSH Qualification
- NEBOSH Certification
The EHS Team at Worthing provides the site with a framework to handle Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) risks. This incorporates a wide range of responsibilities, including assessment of EHS risk, formulation of policies and procedures to align with legal and company standards, and setting of EHS objectives and targets (eg; performance monitoring; emergency planning; incident and accident investigation and crisis management). The EHS Site Lead plays a critical role leading the EHS team to deliver this critical agenda whilst building an EHS culture across Worthing site, as well as being a critical member of the Site Leadership Team.
We are currently recruiting for an EHS Site Lead to provide management and leadership to the Worthing manufacturing sites EHS team (currently 6 reports). The team provides specialist advice and support to help the business follow all legal and regulatory requirements, as well as identifying best practice and opportunities for continuous improvement, to meet Corporate EHS Policy, Standards, and Objectives. Manufacturing Operations at the site have sophisticated regulatory pressures (eg: PPC Pollution Prevention Control Permit) and are highly technical and high hazard. You and your team will enable the site to achieve its commercial objectives.
Reporting directly to the Site Director, you will play an active part in the site leadership team and be instrumental in strategic decision-making and setting of direction, as well as ensuring that all elements of a safety (right first time) culture are in place throughout the site. The role also works closely with EHS staff from other GSK sites and corporate functions to ensure consistency when implementing EHS initiatives.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring EHS is appropriately represented on the Site Leadership Teams and manage the Shared Service EHS Team (and related contracts).
- Maintaining an effective EHS Management system.
- Co-ordinate effective relationships with regulatory authorities (including HSE, Environmental Agency and Local Authorities) and maintaining site authorisations and licences. This includes Acting as principal contact and liaison with Regulatory Agencies.
- Maintaining compliance with all Quality and cGMP standards, as well as health, safety and environmental requirements (in team and related activities).
- Ensuring manufacture and supply of strategic products to GSK’s supply chain.
- Reviewing financial performance planning and monitoring and delivering required business performance.
- Improving operations (by use of appropriate improvement tools and techniques).
- Complying with all company and statutory requirements (taking account of all relevant HR and L&D processes and mechanisms).
- Lead all Shared Service safety, health and environment technical staff and EHS consultants to ensure an effective service across the site. This includes dotted line responsibility for Occupational health Team.
- Demonstrate cabinet leadership to lead the Worthing site from a strategic perspective in line with its key IPTc priorities.
We are particularly interested in hearing from experienced professionals with NEBOSH certification (either at Certificate or Diploma level).
This role would suit a self-motivated individual who has experience of working in an Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) role. Good knowledge and understanding of EHS and Loss Prevention are important in the role. We are seeking a strong leader, capable of empowering and developing the team as well as improving knowledge and capability across the site. You will have a focus on culture and engagement, building successful networks across the business (which cover other senior leaders, as well as colleagues at all levels). You will also be resilient and calm. Strong interpersonal and influencing skills are considered important to the role. You will also have a strong continuous improvement approach.
During the application process, we are looking to see that applicants have a clear understanding of the complexities and importance of supporting production within a pharmaceutical manufacturing process.
About Worthing Manufacturing Site:
Manufacturing at the Worthing site is for antibiotics. It is advised that you take this into consideration when deciding to apply for this position.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – Friday 18th of June June 2021 (COB)
When applying for this role, please use your CV and covering letter to describe how you meet the proficiencies as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you provide in your CV & covering letter will be used to assess your application.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com
- Meaningful experience acquired from a highly regulated technical industry with relevant qualifications in Scientific or Technical discipline (or strong equivalent experience).
- Experience of dealing with senior managers and external groups (including Regulatory agencies).
- NEBOSH Certificate or similar qualification in health & safety.
- Operational knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes in the pharmaceutical or FMCG (or similar industry).
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.