Fire Safety Manager
Annual salary - £40,258
Hours - Full time, 35 hours per week
About the role
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a prominent and well-respected Housing Association and Care Provider in the Yorkshire and North East areas.
Working closely with, and reporting to, the Head of Health, Safety and Facilities, this role will play a crucial part in the delivery of excellence and so candidates should be able to clearly demonstrate a track record of effective change management and influencing, including the ability to build strong relationships across challenging or complex working environments.
You will act as a central figure for Fire Safety and will:
• Contribute towards the setting of the strategic direction for health, safety and wellbeing across JRF/JRHT, with a particular focus on delivering the Fire Strategy
• As subject matter expert for all Fire Risk matters, act as an ambassador in the area of Fire Safety legislation
• Carry out Fire Risk Assessments and reviews within all premises across JRF and JRHT and establish and maintain excellent working relationships with local Fire Authorities
• Manage all Fire Alarm systems, Fire Third Party accreditation and Fire Extinguisher maintenance contracts and the associated budgets
• Support Managers to understand their responsibilities in respect of Fire Safety in the workplace and provide technical expertise on building developments and refurbishments
• Assist with the development and maintenance of a full health and safety management system that is up to date and fit for purpose
• Provide advice and guidance to staff and managers to enable them to operate within the Health and Safety Policy framework of JRF/JRHT
• Conduct audits and inspections as required and to monitor progress against resultant action plans.
We are looking for a fire professional who will have experience of influencing at all levels and have strong knowledge of the subject. This is a proactive role and you will need to be able to demonstrate a pragmatic attitude and track record of managing Fire Safety.
You will have strong and proven continuous experience of on-site fire risk assessment (FRA) inspections of all types as well as experience with a broad range of property purpose groups, for example residential, commercial, industrial etc.
As an individual, you will have tact, diplomacy and the ability to make difficult decisions when required and to effectively explain the reasons for those decisions. You will have the natural ability to influence and negotiate to achieve win-win solutions as well as good project management, report writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
The Joseph Rowntree Foundation (JRF) is an independent social change organisation working to solve UK poverty. The Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust (JRHT) is a registered housing association and care provider in Yorkshire and the North East. JRF and JRHT are two important influencing organisations with an ambitious agenda for inspiring positive change in the UK in line with our vision of a prosperous and poverty free UK.
Our commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion
At JRF/JRHT we believe in giving everyone an equal chance to succeed. Applications are welcome from all regardless of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race, sex, sexual orientation, trans status or social economic background. We positively encourage applications from people with experience of living in poverty.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. This means that we are committed to the recruitment, progression and retention of disabled individuals. We shall also offer interviews to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the job. If you have a disability, please tell us if you would like to be considered for an interview under the Disability Confident Scheme.
How to apply
Please access the job description, download and complete the simple application form along with an equal opportunities monitoring form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Sunday 13 June 2021
Interviews will take place w/c 21 June 2021