Health and Safety Advisor
Health and Safety Advisor - construction/facilities management development company - £40k-£45k+package (company car, bonus scheme) - Birmingham based but with agile/home working and occasional site visits
A real opportunity for a health and safety professional to 'make a difference' for a company striving to be a market leader in Health and Safety.
Reporting directly to the Asset Management SHE Manager, you will be supporting the Site and Property Managers in the implementation of health and safety across a variety of sites, from distribution compounds through to business centres and pre-development sites.
With ambitions to be an industry leader across health and safety within the Property/Logistics sector, the role will include the training, implementation and auditing of our Safety Heath and Environment (SHE) management systems as well as monitoring and investigating accidents, incidents and near misses, setting and achieving standards which far exceed prescribed minimums.
The role involves a a mix of working from home, the office, and travelling to sites so you must have a full UK drivers license and appreciate that some travel is involved, but not to any onerous extent. A company car is included in the package.
You should have a minimum of 5 years experience within a health and safety compliance role as part of a facilities / property management / construction organisation.
Hold NEBOSH certificate or similar, with a good understanding of relevant SHE legislation and industry standards
Sites & Properties
* Assist in the development and ongoing review of the Health and Safety for each site.
* Advise the site teams in the interpretation, guidance and advice on the application of the SHE management systems
* Promote the Groups SHE standards within our contracts and supply chain and conduct contractor/supply chain assessments
* Undertake site inspections and attend Site Review Meetings.
* Provide support with identification and management of SHE risks, issues and opportunities
* Support and facilitate liaison with enforcing SHE authorities
* Create site specific audit and inspection packs
* Check non-compliance reports from both internal and external audits are being adequately closed-out with all corrective actions completed .
* Monitoring of the overall regional SHE performance and providing recommendations for appropriate corrective action to ensure that annual targets set are met
* Monitor the performance of each Regional supply chain
* Audit of site specific checks to ensure compliance.
* Review third party Risk Assessments for quality and suitability to support the Asset Management team.
* Audit minor works carried out across sites as and when required.
* Keep up to date with knowledge on current SHE Legislation, Best Practice, current thinking on H&S practice and developments related to our business activities.
* Manage availability to the various sites to ensure that the right level of governance and support is provided.
* Align to current thinking on H&S practice and up to date knowledge on current SHE Legislation & Best Practice
* Proactive, engaging and positive attitude to the promotion of SHE excellence
* Ability to positively challenge the business to improve
* Ability to identify solutions to identified problems
* Effective within a team and across a diverse working environment
* Flexible and open minded
Reporting & Analysis
* Ensure regular monitoring report deadlines are met with integrity and the quality of the data is correct and accepted by all users
* Lead on the preparation of briefing packs for relevant sites and regional meetings
* Attend and support the Sites review meetings
* Support the SHE Team in the delivery of the SHE Plan and identified priorities
* Support in the preparation and issue SHE Alerts / Bulletins and Posters.
* Support with the review and update of SHE processes and procedures as necessary.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.