Health and safety Manager
A short-term contract for a Health & Safety Manager based in Coventry, inside scope.
I am currently recruiting for several Health & Safety Manager opportunities on a contract basis across the UK with focus around London, Coventry, Bristol and Cambridge. If you would be keen on discuss current opportunities, including the below, please get in touch.
The HSE role duties:
- Assist in the development, leadership, and of Safety and Health improvement strategies through the deployment of a proactive improvement process. The execution includes communication of expectations, assessing progress, performing some of the implementation Embedded in this execution scope is the responsibility of ensuring compliance with all Safety and Health regulations.
- Lead the deployment of the Corporate Safety Excellence and Leadership (SEAL) process. This includes leading the execution of the annual SEAL assessment as well as implementing and correcting the action items identified for improvement throughout the year.
- Provide leadership and assistance to all locations in the region for work related injury/illness claim management activities. Partner with all locations in the development of standard processes and expectations and provide guidance on proper execution.
- Lead safety best practice sharing and standardization throughout the region. Also, responsible to ensure alignment to the Newell Rubbermaid overall safety improvement strategy.
- Participate and provide safety updates and guidance in other operational activities such as operation reviews, productivity initiatives, new product development and new process or equipment initiatives Specifically, the successful individual will be responsible for
- Designing initiatives to build best practise across the site, engaging all associates into safety routines
- Ensuring full compliance with all legal requirements for HSE Developing and executing plans for improvement of the Corporate HSE annual audit
- Training & coaching/mentoring employees across all disciplines for HSE Design and publish metrics to track performance to key initiatives Report regularly to Exec leadership team EMEA progress to targets
- Determine any budgetary needs and expense control with the UK Ops Senior Manager Project management