Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor
High Wycombe | £50,000 + Car Allowance
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a well-known construction and civil engineering contractor to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Advisor. The role will cover the power division, and in particular focus on building substations, from civil engineering and construction to electrical work. This is a regional role, covering sites a range of sites in the Northern Home Counties and M4 Corridor.
This role would suit a Health and Safety professional looking to take the next step in their career.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor will include:
- Visiting site, ensuring health and safety policies and procedures are being implemented on site
- Undertaking regular health and safety audits, and identifying areas for improvement in accordance with departmental protocols
- Engaging and coaching site teams and management to help drive a positive safety culture
- Investigating accidents and near misses and implementing corrective actions to drive performance improvements
The successful Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role from the construction, civils or utilities sectors, ideally with power / substation experience
- Ideally hold or working towards NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent, and relevant member of IOSH
- A pragmatic approach and the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Genuine enthusiasm for HSE and the drive to make a difference
If you're interested, please send your CV or call Isla Robson, , or 01923 432 801.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.