Group Health & Safety Manager
Group Health & Safety Manager - 12-month FTC
South East or London
Salary: £65,000 to £70,000 plus car allowance, bonus and excellent benefits
We've been engaged by one of the UK's largest real estate organisations to identify a Group Health and Safety Manager for a 12-month fixed term contract. The organisation holds a multibillion-pound property portfolio including a range of high and low-risk commercial properties.
This role will report directly to the Managing Director and will lead on all aspects of Health & Safety across the company. The role will lead on implementing and developing the health & safety strategy and manage a team of Health & Safety Managers. The position will liaise with senior stakeholders across the business, aiming to raise the level of health and safety performance across the portfolio and share best practice across UK and European sites.
Responsibilities of the Group Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Ensure a culture of best practice health and safety across the business and property portfolio, ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provide expert guidance and leadership to the Board of Directors and engage with all staff across the organisation on health and safety issues
- Ensure activities across the portfolio are properly risk assessed and manage a regular audit programme to evaluate performance
- Develop and manage the health and safety management system, seek opportunities to improve and enhance the overall Health and safety strategy and performance
- Lead, manage and develop a team of 2 health and safety managers
The successful Group Health and Safety Manager will have:
- NEBOSH / NCRQ diploma (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH.
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety leadership position, ideally with property, facilities management or related industry experience
- Proven experience of influencing and engaging with stakeholders at all levels
- Willingness to travel including international as required
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading property company in a professional and forward-thinking environment. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.