Health and Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager
Location: Spalding, Lincolnshire
Salary: Circa £50k - £55k plus excellent Benefits
A large food manufacturing company are now looking for an Health and Safety Manager
to join their team.
Health and Safety Advisor – Overview
• Understand and ensure full compliance to the application of the Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974 and other legislation relevant to the Company.
• Keep up to date with changes in current and new legislation and to bring to the attention of the Directors and Management responsible for HSE, ensuring full company compliance.
• To be the company’s main advisory person on all matters relating to HSE, ensuring all practices and policies are implemented. Ensuring the business is legally compliant with all HSE legislation.
• Monitoring all health and safety risks and hazards in the workplace.
• Indirect people management in respect of HSE matters, holding all responsible people accountable. Instilling a zero-tolerance culture to poor standards.
• Attend such courses/seminars run by external sources to enable accurate interpretation of legislation to enable implementation within the company.
• Ensure that all assessments as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed at relevant intervals and to maintain records of the same.
• Be responsible for the creation and management of HSE monitoring systems and policies in the workplace.
• To recommend control measures and advise on the standard of PPE issued to employees.
• Being responsible for and managing all safety inspections in the workplace (for example, monitoring noise levels), preparing reports of all the company’s operational requirements, as required by legislation and company practice.
• Actively manage any nonadherence to HSE practices, immediately notifying senior management responsible if situations are found, and applying immediate rectification or stopping of any operation where in the opinion of the HSE Manager is required.
• To notify the Director responsible for HSE if the corrective action agreed after any workplace inspection is not implemented by the arranged date.
• To ensure full and complete investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings appropriately.
• Advise the Company of all incidents reportable under RIDDOR.
• To advise on and arrange Health surveillance as required.
• To highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or HSE guidance.
• Working with and training all employees to manage, monitor and improve the HSE standards in the workplace.
Health and Safety Advisor - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
• Hold a NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ, NVQ level 5 in Occupational Health and Safety or Similar
• Chartered Member of IOSH
• Experience of PUWER, COSHH, CDM, HAZOP, and EHSR’s
• Come from the Food Manufacturing Industry
• Ideally have environmental Management experience or ISO 14001 Experience
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.