Health and Safety Advisor
Senior Health and Safety Advisor
Brentwood | £40,000 to £50,000 + Car and excellent benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a leading UK, Principal contractor to identify a Senior Health & Safety Advisor. The organisation is one of the largest constructions and civil engineering companies in the UK and has a proven track record over a number of years in the industry.
This role will work closely with Highways England focusing across 5 of their major projects. As such, any experience with Highways England or experience within a highway's environment will be beneficial.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Visiting site, assisting and advising operational managers to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the Health and Safety strategy
- Auditing sites against Health and, Safety criteria
- Preparing and communicating HSE reports for the senior management team
- Investigating accidents and incidents and identifying the root cause
- Examaning existing and new systems of work to identify any flaws or training requirements necessary to improve culture
The successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within civil engineering, ideally highways or infrastructure
- A recognised health and safety qualification and membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience engaging clients and contractors
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. Contact James Cox on or 01923 432 687
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.