York, YN, GB, YO91 1XY
Up to £38,000 DOE + Potential bonus + Excellent benefits
This is a full-time permanent opportunity, but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you.
We’re looking for an experienced SHE Advisor to join the team here at Nestlé, York. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with one of the biggest companies on the planet. Our Factory in York is one of the biggest confectionery factories in Nestlé where the iconic brands Kit Kat, Aero, Milkybar, Yorkie and Polo are manufactured.
Manufacturing in Nestlé is all about ensuring the consumer receives a perfect quality product, at the right time whilst ensuring the safety of all of our employees in the factory. This role will be key in supporting the SHE Manager to deliver the health, safety and environment objectives at our York Factory.
A day in the life of a SHE Advisor
The main purpose of the SHE Advisor is to support the SHE Manager in the provision of specialist advice, coaching and support to line managers regarding the management of Health, Safety and Environment in the York Factory.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Deputise for the SHE Manager in their absence
• Assist the SHE Manager in the maintenance and ongoing development of effective SHE management systems within York Factory.
• Support to implementation of ISO45001 and ISO14001 management systems.
• Provide specialist advice in the management of SHE in order to achieve compliance with legal and internal compliance requirements; changes to/new legislation and advice on how the legislation can be applied
• Assist in the development, preparation and/or revision of procedures and safe systems of work and update the SHE Procedures Manuals.
• Advise on civil claims investigations with the objective of minimising the Company’s liability
• Support the creation, implementation, review and delivery of SHE training programmes for all levels of management and employees.
• Assist in the maintenance and delivery of appropriate SHE communications
• Support line managers in the investigation of incidents, evaluation of cause & effect, compile necessary reports and assist in the identification and implementation of any subsequent controls in order to prevent reoccurrence.
• Support in ensuring adherence to statutory and Company reporting requirements.
• Keep up to date with professional and technical developments in health, safety and environment
• Ensure that sources of information on health, safety and environment law, guidance and codes of practice are maintained
• Co-ordinate the response to internal and external SHE Alerts
• Manage the day to day running of behavioural safety programmes
• Undertake specialist projects as directed by the SHE Manager
• Assist in the evaluation of SHE performance including but not limited to internal auditing and preparation of statistical information
What will make you successful
You will be a team player with a real passion for SHE and continuous improvement
Other key attributes include:
• NEBOSH Certificate (Ideally working towards or willing to work toward Diploma)
• Demonstrable experience with UK Health & Safety and environmental legislation
• Experience working in SHE, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Able to show excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and a proactive approach to safety
• Highly developed written and verbal skills
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holiday plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is: 02/08/2021
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.