Senior Health and Safety Advisor
Senior Health and Safety Advisor, Staffordshire
Salary: circa £35,000
Assured Safety Recruitment are partnering with innovative and environmentally focused business, which has grown exponentially over the last seven years. The company employs over 200 people, based over three core sites and has a fleet of 100 vehicles.
The Company is headquartered in Staffordshire and is keen to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor based at HQ, with some travel to other sites as they continue to expend further. This role reports to the MD and is responsible for coordinating health and safety, supporting managers and employees across the site to achieve and maintain a safe working environment for everyone.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, are communicated and adhered to and are regularly reviewed and updated as required, delivering a safe workplace and environment.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas relating to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Training; delivering continuous ongoing health and safety training across the business. Develop, deliver and administer key induction and ongoing training programmes for all staff and establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments, PPE, and lone working procedures are managed, and employees are fully aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained. Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Provide regular reports to Senior Management Team on relevant health and safety activities, and work alongside managers to ensure compliance and best practice across the Group.
- Liaise with suppliers and other key external stakeholders.
You will hold the Nebosh Certificate (or be close to achieving it) and have previous experience in a health and safety practicing role.
Ideally you will have experience within an industrial or logistics environment, although exceptional candidates from other settings will be considered.
You will have strong communication skills and enjoy face-face communication and working pro-actively with operations.
Apply for Senior Health and Safety Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly