Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: £30k - £35k plus excellent benefits
A local engineering company are now looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team.
Health and Safety Advisor – Overview
- Accountable for ensuring site’s health and safety management systems are up to date and are compliant with health safety legislation
- Act as a source of information and advice to maintain site statutory compliance.
- Assist with the management of site health and safety projects, training, and risk assessments (RA), ensuring all are kept up to date and available.
- Ensure all health and safety related issues above advisor level are reported to the site Factory Manager and Head of EHS
- Promote Health and safety by leading by example coaching and challenging unsafe practises and behaviour.
- Lead on chemical control and CoSHH assessments across the site.
- Ensuring all environmental data e.g. waste, emissions, legislative requirements are adhered to and are correctly reported to the business.
Health and Safety Advisor – Responsibility
In this role the Health and Safety Advisor will work closely with the Operations and Service teams to further develop a positive Health and Safety culture whilst reducing risk in the Company to as low as reasonably practicable.
The successful candidate will join a highly focused, passionate team, working on a range of exciting and challenging initiatives to support the safe and on-time production of vehicles ranging from 3.5t Pick Up trucks and vans to 16.5t.
Health and Safety Advisor - Responsible for:
- To produce and report HSEQ metrics and performance against targets to the Management Team; to coordinate and carry out HSEQ associated actions to enable targets to be met.
- To act as an advocate for change and an ambassador for product quality. Specifically, to update trackers and to maintain a high level of communication and feedback between meetings and the Production and Service staff who identify the Quality issues.
- To develop safe working practises and processes in coordination with the Production Engineering Team and the Production Team Leaders. In doing so to identify opportunities for improvements.
- To maintain and develop the Company’s Quality Management and Environmental Management Systems in accordance with ISO9001 and ISO14001, along with the facilitation and preparation for internal and external audits.
- To work with the Production and Service Team Leaders to share knowledge and best practise, advise and coordinate risk assessment of new processes and tools, and to progress the HSEQ culture on the shop floor.
- To drive the philosophy of safety ownership throughout all levels of the organisation, partially through robust and in-depth internal audits.
- To ensure that all work completed complies with relevant Health, Safety, and Environmental legislation and policy.
- To promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents.
- To work with the Production/ Engineering Manager in reviewing accident and incident HSEQ reports and investigations.
- To assist staff and contractors in respect of compliance with relevant H&S legislation, client standards and contractual arrangements.
Health and Safety Advisor - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a minimum of NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in occupational Health and Safety
- Ideally have a NEBOSH Diploma, NCRQ or NVQ L5 in Occupational Health and Safety or working towards
- Member of IOSH
- Ideally have experience of managing ISO 9001 or ISO 14001 (Not essential)
- The personability and aptitude to work well with others and influence without authority; a people person who can help drive cultural shift.
- Computer literate with advanced knowledge of Excel and other standard Microsoft packages.
- Be able to work on own your own initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Proven team player.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Honest, Integrity, and Reliable.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.
Apply for Health and Safety Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly