Health and Safety Manager
Location: Letchworth Garden City
Salary: Circa £40k - £45k
A local food packaging company are now looking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Health and Safety Manager – Job Role:
The Health and Safety Manager will report to the Operations Director and will be cooperating closely with the senior management team and other functions in the company. You will be responsible for all aspects of the projects, health & safety and environmental functions. The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Review of existing system and standards, recommending improvements and making adjustments to those systems as required;
• Root cause analysis of compliance issues and recommendations for preventative measures to be taken;
• Implement detailed EHS performance measurement across all departments.
• Detailed investigation and root cause analysis of all accidents, near misses and incidents and proposing and implementing corrective actions;
• Undertake design and preparation of a comprehensive environmental management system;
• Provide cover for Quality Manager for BRCGS standard.
• Design and implementation of training programmes for employees in respect of environmental and health and safety practices;
• Ensure plant wide compliance with all relevant legislation related to H&S and Environmental standards;
• Prepare & maintain factory for BRC compliance including team training.
• Provide cover for standards maintenance and compliance, particularly in respect of hygiene and BRC standard requirements and systems;
• Involvement in disciplinary proceedings for breach of company policies and procedures;
• Work as part of the senior management team, including the preparation of materials for board meeting review. Including identification and measurement of key KPIs and proposing and implementing measures to improve actual performance compared to those KPIs;
• Establish consistency in the application of operating standards and an awareness/compliance with safety, health and environmental legislation and company policy;
• Drive a culture of continuous improvement across the company;
• Work closely with all levels of the organisation to ensure best practice is being communicated and adopted within the business;
• In conjunction with the senior management team define the optimum organisation structure and recruit, develop, motivate and manage a team that maximises its performance potential and meets current and future business needs.
Health and Safety Manager – Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate will come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
• Hold a NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
• Member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH
• Ideally hold an environmental management qualification such as IEMA or NEBOSH
• Good understand of BRC Recruitments, ideally experienced of auditing to BRCGS
• Ideally come from the food or packaging industry
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.