London | £60,000 + Travel + Benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a leading construction and infrastructure company to recruit an Environment Manager, this role will be joining an established team and take a lead role on major projects and initiatives. Additionally, this role will allow an individual to build up to managing a team of Advisors. The organisation has a track record of successful delivery of high-profile projects and the environmental agenda is core to their operations.
Key responsibilities of the Environmental Manager will include:
- Ensuring the delivery of the environmental policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across a wide range of diverse projects
- Working with Project Directors to gain Section 61 approvals, on major projects
- Visiting sites and constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements, and deliver training where required
- Lead on a range of forward thinking environmental initiatives and projects
- Act as a main point of contact for the environmental sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors and regulators
The successful Environmental Manager requires:
- Demonstrable environmental and sustainability experience, ideally within the construction, civils or related sector
- Qualified in an appropriate environmental discipline with good knowledge of BREEAM, and ISO 14001
- Ideally hold a professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWEM)
- A passion for excellence, and an ambition to grow and develop a career within the environmental space
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader in their sector and deliver real impact through forward thinking schemes. The role presents the opportunity to gain valuable leadership and management experience in this growing Environment team. The position will include travel.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact James Cox on 01923 432 687 or or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Manager positions.
Apply for Environment Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly