Location: Hailsham, East Sussex
Salary: Circa £50k - £55k plus excellent benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a local, progressive and family orientated manufacturing business as their Quality, Health and Safety Manager.
Quality, Health and Safety Manager – Job role:
• Assist the leadership team to develop, manage and monitor the QHSE performance of the company
• Monitor and advise on all QHSE matters, issues and concerns to ensure Company compliance with statutory requirements, Company and contractual requirements and good industry practice
• Liaise with Customers and Supply Chain, regarding QHSE matters, ensuring their expectations are met
• Responsible for Company’s QHSE processes and procedures to ensure the Company maintains its accreditations (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001, BRCGS, & FSC CoC)
• Responsible for management of and liaison with QHSE auditors to acquire/maintain Company’s accreditations
• Conduct audits to evaluate the effectiveness of systems and procedures, identifying issues and implement improvements in collaboration with process manager
• Manage and monitor emergency procedures, signage, PPE, COSHH control etc.
• Report on Company’s QHSE performance to the leadership team and statutory authorities as/when required
• Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Maintain awareness of evolving industry QHSE regulations and best practice and how they could be applied to the Company’s operations
• Conduct QHSE training courses using internal and external resources when required
• Act as Subject Matter Expert for QHSE matters
• Produce further analysis and reports as may be required by the Directors, or HPI management from time to time
• Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
• Offer QHSE consultancy to the Company’s subsidiaries and affiliates when required
• Liaise with external bodies to be aware of changing industry requirements
• Ensure action plans, targets and deadlines are issued where gaps are identified through the audit process to ensure compliance
• Responsible for all QHS Manuals and periodic revision/updates
? Write risk assessments & safe work instructions, including COSHH
? Management & follow-up of health surveillance
? Support managers and the business in appropriate incident and near miss reporting and investigations in line with legislative requirement
? Committee meetings
• Monitor and support business processes to ensure compliance in areas including
? Product quality and hygiene
? An efficient and compliant work environment
? Accurate reporting of key metrics such as waste, stock, running times etc.
• Authoring of controlled documents & business policies
Quality, Health and Safety Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Quality, Health and Safety Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
• Hold a NEBOSH General Cert, NCRQ or NVQ in Occupational Health and Safety
• Ideally hold a Quality certificate or membership such as CQI or ASQ
• Experience with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 or BRC
• Strong experience in ISO Management systems
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.
Apply for HSEQ Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly