Health and Safety Manager
Salary: £45,000 plus attractive benefits package
We are pleased to be partnering with a leading online retailer, who are currently seeking a Health and Safety Manager. The role will work closely with the Head of Health, Safety & Facilities on the overall strategy and development of health and safety across their rapidly growing organisation.
The company has over 7 key warehouse facilities across the UK providing a nationwide distribution network. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on a range of new health and safety initiatives and projects for a company that places health, safety and sustainability at the heart of their operations.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager include:
- Taking a lead role at one of their largest warehouse and distribution sites, promoting a culture of best practice health and safety across the facility
- Support the development and continuous improvement of the management systems, seek opportunities to improve and enhance the overall Health and Safety strategy
- Reviewing safety, health and environmental performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Assist on the delivery of relevant management reports on health, safety and facilities performance for the leadership team
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within transport, logistics, manufacturing, retail or related industry
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging key internal and external stakeholders
- A NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent) as a minimum
- Membership of a professional body (eg IOSH)
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced health & safety professional to work closely with a forward-thinking head of H&S on a range of health and safety initiatives. For further information and to apply, contact Emily Flynn on or call 01923 433289.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.