Health & Safety Officer
Vale Garden Houses are renowned for designing and building the finest glazed structures in the world. Our Orangeries and Conservatories are built for the most discerning of clients and on prestigious residences throughout the UK and Europe, and we are well known by many leading architects and home owners who appreciate our attention to detail and are looking for something unique and different. Our design excellence sets us apart from all other manufacturers.
To fully understand the nature of our work and clientele, visit www.valegardenhouses.com
We have a strong team ethic and each team member plays their part in delivering the very best design, product and service for our clients. If you are looking for a career, a varied role and job satisfaction, read on.
Our Central Services division manages the VALE group of companies which comprises Vale Garden Houses and Architectural Bronze Casements employing around 200 people.
We are currently looking for a Health and Safety Officer to join our brilliant team.
- Administration and review of policies, safe systems of work and method statements
- Carry out risk assessments, inspections, audits and toolbox talks
- Production, monitoring and review of RAMS and associated documents for on-site installations in accordance with CDM 2015 regulations
- Conducting accident, incident and near miss investigations
- Arrange training as required (SMSTS, First Aid, PASMA etc.)
- Reporting on Health & Safety matters to the Board of Directors
What we need from you:
- A minimum of 3 years H&S experience
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent certification
- Exceptional time management skills
- The ability to understand detailed information
- Excellent organisational skills
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- The ability to motivate others and work collaboratively
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving ability
- Integrity and approachability
- Practical thinking and analytical skills
- Experience of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM) is desirable
- A career, not just a job
- A local family-run company that employs nearly 200 people
- Company pension
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Closing date: 19th August 2021