Manchester | £30,000 + Car + Benefits
Irwin & Colton is looking to identify an Environment Advisor to join one of the UK's leading Principal Contractors who turnover Circa £1bn. The organisation has a track record of successful delivery of high-profile projects and the environmental agenda has always been core to their operations. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and growing Environment Team and further develop your career.
Key responsibilities of the Environment Advisor will include:
- Ensuring the delivery of the environmental policy, and compliance with legislation and regulations across a wide range of diverse projects
- Attend site wide surveys / screening surveys: collecting data to establish a baseline condition on environmental issues for a site or area of consideration
- Conducting site visits and audits, constantly scanning for opportunities to drive improvements and deliver training where required
- Acting as the main point of contact for the environmental sustainability program with key stakeholders including clients, contractors and regulators
The successful Environment Advisor requires:
- Demonstrable environmental experience, ideally within the construction, utilities, infrastructure, civil engineering or a related sector
- Ideally professional membership with a recognised environmental body (IEMA, CIEEM, CIWM)
- Experience in environmental assessment and impact management (e.g. BREEAM, and ISO 14001)
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact James Cox on 01923 432 687 / or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.