Senior Health & Safety Consultant
Location: Scotland (Home Based) with travel to client sites
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 plus £5,500 car allowance and excellent benefits
We've been engaged by one of the UK's leading consulting companies to recruit a Senior Health & Safety Consultant. The consultancy work with a range of clients from multi-national engineering, construction and technology leaders, through to public sector and healthcare companies. The services provided range from full health and safety strategy, to designing and implementing audit programs through to accident and incident investigations.
This will be a home based role with frequent travel to client sites across Scotland and the North of England.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health & Safety Consultant will include:
- Working with a range of clients, including engineering, industrial, construction and wind power clients, leading on project delivery, accurately assessing health and safety risks and strategy, and working with clients to deliver solutions
- Assessing the needs of prospective clients and developing proposals and agreements for new work
- Maintaining and continually developing strong relationships with clients to truly understand their requirements and be in a position to create innovative solutions
- Leading and motivating other experienced Health and Safety Consultants, helping to train, develop and improve performance
- Creating a collaborative culture internally, sharing best practice and ideas, seeking opportunities for improvement and innovation
The Senior Health & Safety Consultant will have:
- Extensive health and safety experience, ideally from engineering, energy, wind power or related industries
- Degree or diploma (or equivalent) in health and safety and Chartered status with a relevant membership body (i.e CMIOSH)
- Proven communications skills with experience of engaging with a range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety and a good knowledge of enforcement practice and legislation
- A commitment to high professional, quality and ethical standards
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established consultancy and working in a professional and collaborative environment. For more details and to apply contact Pierre Hockey on or 01923 432 693
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.