We are currently seeking a Head of ESG to join the advisory team of a global corporate consulting firm to lead their team that delivers sustainability focused strategic shareholder engagement, proxy solicitation and governance advice to a wide range of corporate clients
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping drive and execute ESG strategy and for growing their ESG advisory client base.
This individual will have a developed and nuanced understanding of the ESG landscape, industry or subject matter expertise, and dedication to delivering ESG advisory services that help clients develop and execute on their ESG strategies and communications with directors.
Some travel would be required, likely to be around 20% when safe business travel resumes.
* Progress organisational ESG goals with a focus on leading client engagements, project management and developing ESG reporting.
* Leading and supporting client ESG strategy development and/or investor engagement campaigns
* Meeting with clients and prospective clients to discuss benefits of their ESG advisory services
* Monitor ESG developments, both within issuer reporting and investor policies and practices
* Stay abreast of competitor practices and collaborate with the ESG advisory team to develop and execute on ESG products and services
* Draft research and client presentation materials on a range of ESG topics
* Working with Communications colleagues, develop ESG reporting and communication materials for clients
* Participate internally in work streams and projects to deepen the firms reputation within the ESG landscape
* Serve as a key internal and external resource on ESG matters
* Willingness to represent the firm in key internal and external presentation and speaking opportunities
* Manage a team of E&S experts
* Demonstrable work experience in ESG or related fields, with a preference for those with a background in ESG investing, ESG research or in-house ESG strategy development.
* Experience with one or more of the following: reporting frameworks (particularly SASB and TCFD), investor initiatives such as CERES, Climate Action 100+, the Human Capital Management Coalition, engagement with ESG rating /data organizations such as MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS, CDP, or ESG portfolio construction /issuance of green or rainbow bonds.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively while pursuing organisational and team goals
* Ability to synthesise, process and communicate a large volume of information on a range of ESG issues
* Candidates will need to demonstrate an understanding and passion for ESG and be able to operate in an entrepreneurial environment
* Intellectual curiosity and interest in the interplay between ESG and investors' voting decisions
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a pioneer of how ESG/sustainability analysis can add value for investors in a newly established role working closely with one of our client's most successful investment teams. For more information, email or apply today