Head of Health, Safety & Food Safety (Hospitality)
Southeast, UK | Circa £70,000
Irwin & Colton have engaged on an exciting opportunity with one of the UK's leading independent food providers, who are looking to bring onboard a new Head of Health, Safety & Food Safety. This organisation is well-recognised across the UK and this role is a great opportunity to lead and develop the Health and Safety team across the UK and Europe. This will be a varied role in a dynamic, fast paced environment and will focus on food safety and general occupational health and safety.
Responsibilities of the Head of Health, Safety & Food Safety will include:
- Leading, influencing, and engaging across the organisation to promote a positive health and safety culture in line with overall company strategy
- Oversee the day to day implementation of management systems and auditing by the team
- Representing the company at Board-level as required, as well as supporting senior stakeholders across Operations
- Overseeing direct reports with site managers to create solutions and ensuring key priorities from audits are actioned
- Leading on the rollout of initiatives to meet customer and client expectations
- Continually looking for opportunities to improve performance across health and safety and food safety and creating new and innovative ideas
The successful Head of Health, Safety & Food Safety will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma/equivalent qualification
- Proven experience in a similar role across both food safety and health & safety, experience within the hospitality industry is ideal
- Experience leading in a fast-paced environment, experience working in a national role, some European experience would be an advantage
- Exceptional communications skills with experience of influencing and engaging effectively across a wide range of stakeholders
The position would suit an experienced H&S professional with leadership experience and can bring new ideas. The position will include extensive travel; a valid UK driver's license is essential. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.