Risk Consultant (Safety, Health and Liability Professional) – Part-Time, Job-Share and Full-Time
Home based (UK wide) – preferably Midlands or South
Who we are:
Are you the kind of person that loves a challenge? A risk consulting role in insurance could be just what you’re looking for! In today’s complex world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. Challenge yourself to find ways to protect people from all kinds of risks, big and small. If that’s not what you first thought about working in insurance, we’re confident we can change your mind. If you want to love what you do, work with us.
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment, for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within our Risk Engineering Workforce Strategies Practice business as a Risk Consultant.
This is an ideal role for a safety, health and liability risk professional with a broad range of experience who is looking for a new and exciting challenge.
In this role the successful candidate will enjoy a varied, challenging and rewarding diet of work, a great deal of autonomy and will benefit from working with an experienced and high performing team, utilising cutting edge Risk Engineering technology.
Responsibilities in this role include;
- Undertaking a range of health, safety and liability surveys, consultancy and training services
- Producing high quality professional reports – providing best practice advice to customers and underwriters
- Providing training on liability risk topics, disciplines and/or industry sectors
- Complete research into technical areas and provide up to date information for colleagues, other stakeholders and clients
- Lead programmes of post loss investigations for intricate and complicated risks to determine contributing factors and loss lessons for complex operations
- To support and enhance our Group Underwriting and customer propositions
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
- The delivery of risk insight to underwriters
- Collaborate with customers and business partners to develop advanced service plans for our customers
- The update and custody of technical manuals and internal procedures
- The development of innovative risk management solutions, services and products
- The promotion of risk management advice through internal stakeholders, customers and social media
- Manage the relationships, development and risk profile improvement for a significant portfolio of major clients
- The development of business opportunities in relation to the growth of fee income
- Represent Zurich at internal and external Industry and Trade Association events and committees
Your skills and experience:
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and the application across a range of industry sectors
- CMIOSH, CIRM, CII, MCQI or other equivalent professional qualification or working towards this and evidence of continued professional development
- Experience of safety, health and liability within some of the following risk topics, disciplines or industry sectors preferable: Construction, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Rail, Contractual Liability, Product Safety & Product Recall, Environmental Impairment Liability
- Knowledge of current and emerging liability related risks
- Awareness of the principles and practices of the insurance industry, relevant to the role
- An understanding of the way liability works, the types of cover likely to be in place and the way that claims will arise and can be defended preferable
- Ability to perform or to contribute to loss investigations
- A track record of success in Employers’ and Public Liability Risk Management, and/or Product quality control is preferable / desirable?
- To be familiar with related hazard exposures and common controls, being able to analyse deficiencies and to define and clearly illustrate relevant and effective risk improvement advices
- An enquiring mind with the ability to probe logically to establish the key exposures, and with an ability to explain and articulate the business case for risk management to our customers and brokers
- An understanding of contractual frameworks with the ability to discuss and evaluate basic contractual terms and relationships
- A dedicated team player with a “can-do” approach to their work
In return we are offering a salary between £40k-£50k, fully maintained company car and a generous benefits package including;
- 12% non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Annual company bonuses
- Full private medical cover
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Discounted gym membership,
- Free flu jab
- Discounted gadget insurance
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
At Zurich we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
We have won numerous awards for our work on Diversity and Inclusion. We are also proud to be nominated for the 2020 Insurance Times award for Diversity and Inclusion. You can read about our awards on our website.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.