Interim Global Health, Safety and Environment Lead
UK Based - 3 months FTC (rolling contract)
Salary Circa: £100,000 pro rata
We've partnered with a leading global industrial engineering and construction company, to recruit an Interim Global HSE Lead. The organisation has a diverse global footprint and this role would be responsible for Health, Safety and Environment strategy and direction globally.
This role will be predominantly home based but will require regular visits for meetings to head office with senior stakeholders and board members. The role reports into the CEO on all matters relating to EHS.
Responsibilities of the Interim Global HSE Lead will include:
- Leading group health and safety activity across a diverse global regions, in line with the overall strategy for health, safety and environment
- Remotely lead, manage and support a team of HSE Managers across various countries
- Take a lead role in the organisation's COVID response and emergency planning
- Develop and implement new initiatives to increase health and safety performance, awareness and understanding across the business
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, and relevant enforcement agencies as required
The successful Interim Global HSE Lead will have:
- Proven experience in global organisations, ideally within industrial, engineering or construction environment
- Leadership and management experience within matrix, multi-site operations role and an ability to communicate and engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health, safety and environment legislation
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma and Membership of IOSH or other relevant professional body
This is an excellent interim opportunity with a leading global company. If the role is of interest, please contact Michael Colton on or 01923 432 633.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.