Senior Health & Safety Consultant
Home Based - with travel to sites across the Midlands
Contract rate: £400 per day (outside IR35) plus travel expenses
3 months - with potential to extend
Irwin & Colton are working with a leading Health & Safety Consultancy, to find an experienced Health & Safety professional to join their team on an Associate basis. The role will work with a range of engineering and property clients, providing site inspection, audit and H&S expertise on a variety of projects.
The role will be circa 3 days per week for 3 months, with possibility to extend. The position will work with a range of clients across the Midlands and beyond. This is a home-based role with site travel.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Health & Safety Consultant:
- Partner with clients to advise and report on health and safety across a range of major construction projects
- Report and monitor on onsite strategies and objectives for clients to help create a positive health and safety culture
- Deliver health and safety inspections, audits and reviews on behalf of principal contractors and developers
- Ensuring compliance with clients' internal processes and procedures
- Communicate effectively with clients, designers and contractors to drive the CDM process to ensure compliance and that the relevant duty holders fulfil their obligations
Essential experience for the Senior Health & Safety Consultant:
- Extensive health and safety experience, ideally cross sector industry experience, FM, engineering, property etc
- Chartered Safety professional (CMIOSH) - Essential
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders and clients
- A positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within health and safety
This is an excellent opportunity for an established health and safety professional to work on an interesting portfolio of projects, with a leading consultancy. For further details and to apply please contact Michael Colton on or 01923 432 633.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.