Health and Safety Manager
Billericay, Essex | £50,000 + Travel and Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a growing specialist construction contractor, to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. This is a newly created role, and will involve starting up the internal health and safety department. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious health and safety, professional who is looking to develop their career further. This role is predominantly office based with approximately 1 day of travel to sites per week.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Engaging across the sites, implementing health, safety, quality and environmental policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required
- Reviewing the production of risk assessments and method statements and answering any health and safety related queries
- Undertaking audits and inspections of the site, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
- Being the point of contact for HSEQ accreditation and documentations including CHAS, Construction Line and PQQ's
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally from within construction or civil engineering would be ideal
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally relevant membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Drive and enthusiasm with the ability to promote a positive Health and Safety culture
This role would suit an ambitious health and safety professional looking to further grow and develop their career. A UK Driver's license is essential. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Isla Robson on 01923 432 801 or Job ref: IR1156.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.