We have an exciting opportunity to join our established team as a Health & Safety Officer. Your role is key to delivering a safety-first, compliance culture across our business.
There’s never been a better time to join TLC, a hugely diverse business. We are a leading facilities management company based in Stockport, with a fantastic reputation for providing dedicated, specialist services to both public and private sector businesses.
We’re ambitious and are looking for someone with a ‘can do, will do’ attitude to come and join us. If you are a passionate self-starter with health & safety experience – then you will be a perfect fit. You’ll play an integral part in continuously improving performance and ensuring all legal and compliance standards are met.
What you will be doing in this role
- You’ll actively promote the development of a continual improvement compliance culture throughout all departments, supporting and guiding managers in achieving their business plans.
- You'll drive continuous improvement and coordinate a variety of SHEQ management systems such as ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001, permits and licences, liaising with regulators, accreditation bodies and managers to maintain required standards.
- You’ll research, design and develop management system documentation and ensure that records are maintained in accordance with the requirements of accreditations.
- You’ll prepare and conduct risk assessments, safe systems of work, guidance and training for fire, COSHH and environment, ensuring that they are followed throughout TLC
- You’ll support in root cause analysis investigations into work related injuries, illnesses, near miss incidents and other non-conformities.
- You’ll undertake SHEQ audits across the business, create inspection plans covering all areas and ensure that control measures are implemented.
- You’ll develop campaigns and conduct training on health and safety procedures and controls to develop awareness and competency within the company.
- You’ll collate and report monthly SHEQ statistics, monitoring performance indicators to identify, trends, corrective actions and continual improvement.
What we are looking for
- You'll have at least 2 years’ experience in a health and safety, quality or environmental role with working knowledge of ISO standards and legislation.
- You’ll hold a NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety with construction experience would be advantageous but not essential).
- You’ll possess experience carrying out validation audits against management system standards and compliance audits.
- You’ll have the ability to confidently produce and present reports, briefings and training to a range of stakeholders.
- You’ll possess impeccable time management and organisation skills to work effectively and meet targets and deadlines.
- You’ll be flexible and able to travel to other sites as and when required (all within the Stockport area) - a full UK driving licence and access to a car is essential.
- 24 days Annual Leave + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Lifestyle Benefits – we provide access to huge discounts on a variety of retailers and services, through our lifestyle benefits website.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – enabling you to get the bike of your choice (between £100 and £1000), with Tax and NI savings of up to 32%.
- NEST Pension Scheme – 6.5% employer contribution if eligible.
- Life Assurance – twice your basic salary
- Keen to progress? - we’re committed to providing you with Continuous Professional Development.
About Totally Local Company
Based in the heart of Stockport, Totally Local Company provides a huge range of services to the public and private sectors across Greater Manchester.
Here’s a flavour of what our team of experts do…
You’ll see us everywhere from school kitchens to parks, playgrounds and even up trees! We’re the ones that fix roads and clean, light and provide signs for your streets. We empty your bins and help to keep your area secure. We clean schools and office spaces (and more), tidy grounds and dispose of waste too.
We are a safety-first organisation – it is at the heart of everything we do. We make sure that you have everything you need before you start your role – that includes sharing the great benefits you will be entitled to as a TLC employee.
Across TLC, our people do a huge variety of roles, but one of the things that our teams all have in common is we want to do the very best for the community we support.