Regional Health and Safety Manager - civil engineering/rail - East Midlands/Anglia (regional role) - £50k-£60k+package
You will be joining an experienced team of SHEQ professionals supporting business units, projects and contracts across the UK in all matters relating Health, Safety, Quality & Environment. Our HSQE team consists of specialist advisors in a host of geographical and specialist subject areas.
As Regional Health & Safety Manager, you will be responsible for the management of all Health and Safety related matters in the Anglia & Midlands regions reporting directly to the Senior Regional H&S Manager. Your day to day duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- To provide informed advice, guidance and support on health, safety and welfare matters to all parties.
- To promote a positive SHEQ culture in the business by coaching and supporting behavioural interventions.
- Ensure implementation of agreed solutions to achieve compliance with Health and Safety Legislation.
- To contribute to the preparation of Project Health and Safety Plans and ensure compliance with their requirements.
- To the support the development of the company Business Management System
- To provide detailed H&S input into all stages of the project process from initial pre-qualification to contract completion to ensure that projects are executed in a safe manner.
- To undertake Site Safety Inspections in accordance with the H&S Inspection plan to ensure that the requirements of the company's Safety Management System, Project Health and Safety Plans, current H&S legislation and client requirements are addressed and compliance achieved. This will include occasional weekend and night time site visits.
- To ensure that corrective actions arising from Site Safety Inspections are effectively addressed and closed out and that opportunities for the continuous improvement of safe working practices are fully exploited.
- To liaise with Client Safety Representatives and Regulatory authorities on all Health and Safety issues.
- To prevent the adoption of unsafe working practices.
- To undertake Accident and Incident Reporting and Accident/ Incident Investigation, in accordance with the company's procedures.
- To facilitate and attend Health and Safety Meetings as appropriate
- To develop and facilitate open communications on Health and Safety issues across Project Teams.
- To monitor and report upon Health and Safety Performance in accordance with management reporting requirements, including the identification of areas of concern and opportunities for improvement.
- Preparation of monthly health and safety reports for region / business.
- To facilitate Health and Safety visits.
- To manage the Company's Principle Contractors Licence (Rail only).
- To proactively contribute to the development and delivery of Health and Safety "Best Practice" across the organisation.
- To support the development and delivery of a consistent approach to Health and Safety across the organisation.
- To provide in house training on various health and safety topics.
- To provide RPE face fit testing (when trained).
- To provide Drug and Alcohol testing (when trained).
- Manage and support the development of direct report - Health and Safety Adviser(s).
Requirements - To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as Regional Health & Safety Manager in a rail and civil engineering project or contract environment.
- Relevant qualification in Health & Safety - Degree/Diploma/HNC/HND
- Experience working in a rail project environments
- Chartered or working towards chartered status - IOSH
- Have previous experience of a rail environment, civil engineering and general construction activities.
- Previous experience in a similar role would be preferred and this will have been gained at least in part, with a Major Contractor.
- Ambition and commitment to succeed in the role.
- Demonstrable self-motivation and high personal professional standards.
- Confident communication skills.
- Excellent employer references.
- Ability to manage direct reports.
- Be flexible in being able to respond to situations outside of normal working hours.
Package:- Competitive annual salary negotiable dependent on experience
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.