Head of Health and Safety
Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
Salary: Circa £50k - £55k plus company car allowance and bonus
A large, national HSE Consultancy now requires a Head of Health and Safety to join their team.
Head of Health and Safety - Overview of the position:
To assist the Board of Directors in developing and implementing the Company’s Health & Safety Business Plan.
Lead and manage a team of Health & Safety consultants, advisors and trainers including third party associates, ensuring service levels are adhered to.
To develop and implement client specific, best practice health and safety solutions that support and assist the clients in taking responsibility for their Health and Safety ensuring statutory obligations are complied with.
Support the business development needs of the Company and maximise client retention.
Head of Health and Safety - Strategy
- Working with the Board of Directors, play a key role in the strategic development of the Company’s Business Plan for delivering a range of outsourced Health and Safety services
- Assist with the development of new H&S products and services for resale including full management solutions
- Develop, implement, and maintain a suite of KPI’s that enable the business to measure performance and take appropriate proactive actions when necessary
- Responsible for attending management and board meetings and presenting various Health and Safety reports and KPI’s
- As a senior member of the Company’s management team, build strong internal relationships and liaise with other departments and functions as required
Head of Health and Safety - Management
- Act as Health and Safety competent person for Agility Group companies
- Responsible for recruitment, retention and development of the Health and Safety Team, providing leadership, motivation, support and mentoring as required whilst at all times acting as role model
- Responsible for quality/accuracy of consultant’s reports including the work of sub-contractors/associates
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager appoint and approve sub-contractors/associates to provide Health and Safety services to our various clients as required
- Ensure accurate records are maintained within the Company’s various systems, including time recording, advice register, visit reports, etc
- Transfer knowledge to client and internal staff to enhance their understanding and commitment to Health and Safety
- Liaise with marketing on the compilation of the monthly newsletter
Head of Health and Safety - Clients
- To develop, implement and maintain robust Health and Safety Management systems and related services that can meet the needs of the client and comply with legislation and best practice
- To be responsible for the support and advice given to clients on all Health and Safety related issues, ensuring compliance with Company protocols and all legislative requirements
- Responsible for client site inspections addressing; Health and Safety, Fire Safety, DDA Compliance and various risk assessments including Road Safety.
- Responsible for the accurate completion and distribution of written reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure action plans are completed and reviewed regularly.
- To provide Health and Safety Training as required both internally and externally.
Head of Health and Safety - Business Development
- Support sales team where necessary and attend meetings with new and prospective clients to review operations and assist in developing the growth of our business with the client.
- Liaise with marketing to maintain the Health and Safety content of the website and other Health and Safety related marketing materials and help to increase brand awareness.
- When working with clients be aware of their requirements for other Agility Group services and ensure lead is passed to the relevant account manager.
Head of Health and Safety - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the construction or engineering industry as a Head of Health and Safety. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Minimum CMIOSH
- NEBOSH FIRE or Equivalent Fire Risk Assessors Qualification
- General Understanding of CDM Regulations
- Hold a strong strategic background in HSE
- Flexible attitude to work arrangements
- ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Attention to detail essential
- Must be well organised and disciplined and able to prioritise workload
- Excellent work ethic
- Essential that the job holder can communicate effectively both written and orally
- Previous experience in a consultancy position would be beneficial.
- Strong understanding of H&S in a manufacturing setting
- Hold a full UK driving and able to drive
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.