Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: Circa £33,000 - £37,000 + car or car allowance
Assured Safety Recruitment have been engaged by a successful Building Contractor based in Birmingham, who have developed strong relationships based the high quality of their service. Due to sustained growth, the business is now seeking to recruit a permanent Health and Safety Advisor to join their established Head Office Team. The role will be an equal split between visiting construction sites in the local West Midlands area and at their Birmingham Head Office. As Health and Safety Advisor you will lead on Health and Safety Compliance within the company, working closely with the Company Directors.
- Managing the Health and Safety requirements for each project.
- Supporting managers and employees to implement the Health and Safety systems, including delivery of objectives and plans.
- Undertaking incident/accident investigation and report writing.
- Managing all existing accreditations (CHAS, Constructionline Platinum, SafeContractor, Avetta, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, etc).
· Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
· Reviewing risk assessments/method statements site specific, COSHH assessments and tool box talks.
· Ensuring compliance with environmental statutory obligations.
· Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current Health and Safety legislation.
· Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with relevant health and safety legislation.
· Advising on a range of specialist areas, eg hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
Qualifications, Skills and Training
You should hold either a NEBOSH General Certificate or Nebosh Construction CertificateExperience within the construction sector or with related sectors such as property, facilities management, civils, utilities or related sectors.