Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (Civil Engineering)
Derby | £80,000 + Car + Excellent Benefits
We are pleased to be working with a specialised civil engineering and environmental contractor to recruit a Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (SHEQ). This role will be central in the delivery of long-term water projects across the Midlands and the Southeast. The organisation has a track record of successful delivery of high-profile projects and the SHEQ agenda has always been core to their operations Our client is involved in a broad range of projects with sites across the UK.
Responsibilities for the Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Qualitywill include:
- Leading a regional team ensuring the implementation of health, safety, Environment and Quality policies and procedures on site
- Keeping updated with key changes to legislation and ensuring the organisation remains compliant
- Engaging with senior managers, clients and external stakeholders ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical health and safety related enquires
- Continually developing and reviewing the health, safety, Environment and Quality management system in line with industry best practice
The successful Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Qualitywill have:
- Proven experience in a similar leadership role within construction or civil engineering, experience
- Ideally a NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma or NVQ 5 (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH
- The ability to influence and engage key internal and external stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance, and regulations
The Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality position will require an individual who is ready to take the next step in their health and safety career. For further information or to discuss your career, contact James Cox on or 01923 432 687.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.