Your new company
My client is a well-known national contractor, they specialise in shop fit-out and refurbishments. Mainly working in Food, Beverage and Retail. This company has a proven track record with established relationships with the market leaders in the sector. Due to company growth, they are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor, who will hit the ground running in the role, to join the business. They pride themselves on being flexible and agile and providing a high end service throughout, with the client at the forefront of everything they do. If you are looking to join a growing, fast paced company, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Your new role
Reporting into the SHEQ Manager, the main purpose of your role is to provide advice and support to the key account managers, project managers and company senior leadership team on all Health and Safety matters. Guaranteeing all regulations and best practices are followed. Your responsibilities will include:
- Completing and reviewing all appropriate risk and fire assessments.
- Promoting and driving a positive Health and Safety culture and continuous improvements through the business.
- Ensure all sites are safe and compliant with regulations, advising key stakeholders.
- Complying data and findings and reporting back in regular meetings with the senior leadership team.
- Prepare construction phase plans for large bespoke projects.
- Support site managers on any Health & Safety matters.
- Oversee aspects of Health & Safety in the joinery workshop.
- Assist with pre-tender and pre-qualification process' to ensure all Health & Safety risks are identified and costed.
- Maintain and update Companies policies and procedures.
- Manage and update the accident and investigations log.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will have worked within a similar position, ideally within Construction and hold a NEBOSH general certificate, a NEBOSH Construction or Fire Safety certification would be an advantage. Having previous experience within commercial fit out would also be an advantage. This is a hands-on role, therefore you will be able to work at a fast pace and to tight deadlines whilst being proactive with the ability to work within a team. Having a flexible but positive approach will ensure you get the best out of this role and help you in growing with the business.
What you'll get in return
Salary of up to £33,000. A generous holiday allowance plus bank holiday. There also is a generous pension scheme, and other internal benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.