Regional Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Advisor
Newport (Wales) with travel across the South West
£35,000 - £45,000 plus Car or Allowance & Excellent Benefits
Our client puts sustainability and safety at the heart of their operations and everything they do. The company plays a vital role in the supply chain of the food industry, and supports with distribution, waste and recycling services. They play a critical role in helping thousands of companies to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and reach their sustainability goals.
The company has a network of sites across the UK and this role would be based in Newport covering a number of sites across the South West region. The organisation is going from strength to strength, constantly innovating, growing the business and diversifying the services they offer.
This is a great opportunity to join a collaborative SHEQ team and contribute to the overall health, safety, environment and quality strategy.
Responsibilities of the Regional Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Advisor will include:
- Engaging across sites at all levels, from senior management to site operatives to embed safety, health and environment best practice
- Deliver support and training to site operatives on health, safety and environment issues as required
- Perform regular audits and inspections across sites in the regional area, accurately reporting on findings
- Ensure adherence to relevant regulations and legislation, striving to reach industry best practice
The successful Regional Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally within a waste, manufacturing, transport or logistics environment
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and relevant membership of IOSH
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging colleagues at all levels
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a professional and forward-thinking organisation and develop your career further. The role includes travel, so a valid UK driving license is required. If the role is of interest, please contact Kirstie Putman on or 01923 432 635.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Health and Safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.