Assured Safety Recruitment are partnering with a European, Household Brand to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Manager to join their Senior Management Team at their Flagship site.
As site Health , Safety and Environment Manager you will implement and support the site Health, Safety and Environment plan in line with Group Strategy. You will promote a positive Health, Safety and Environment culture, providing guidance to the business with legal health and safety compliance and supporting the development and delivery of Health, Safety and Environment Best Practice.
- Actively develop, promote and improve the health and safety culture throughout the site.
- Develop high level problem solving capability and facilitation skills
- Creates high performance through operational excellence
- Develops colleagues on the site, by identifying continuous improvement through trending and analysis.
- Develop and maintain good professional relationships with internal stakeholders so as to provide authoritative advice and guidance.
- Liaise with external authorities (HSE/EA), insurers and suppliers as necessary.
- Provide accurate and honest information within the business in order to continually improve health and safety performance.
- Drive and facilitate cross functional health and safety meetings as required to support colleagues in implementing performance improvements and to communicate HSE matters.
- Develop and implement HSE plans to support the strategy and improve standards in health, safety and environment
- Manage Environmental and safety related costs at site level
- Attend health safety and environment meetings and actively contribute to share best practice
- Actively review and continually improve local HSE policies, standards, procedures and practices.
- Support the creation and development of H&S/E projects and improvement plans.
- Ensure key health safety and environmental objectives are delivered on time.
- Monitor, analyse and report on accident statistics, KPI's and develop and drive improvements in HSE performance data.
- Establish strong relationships with colleagues in other group companies to capture and share Best Practice.
Key skills and experience:
- Qualified or working towards NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent with experience of site Health, Safety and Environment.
- Able to clearly demonstrate a track record of achievement in rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence a team across all functions.