Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
Location: 1 year FTC, homebased with some travel to sites in the UK
Salary: Circa £50,000 plus excellent benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a Global Mechanical and Electronics manufacturing organisation, to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Advisor on a 1 year Fixed Term Contract basis. The company are leaders in their field and known for their innovative high quality products which are distributed to customers globally. This home based role will play an active part in the development and delivery of a group safety management system, objectives and work programs.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Environment Advisor will include:
- Conduct and support business areas in their preparation for ISO 45001 audits whilst monitoring Health, Safety and Environment execution across the organisation
- Deliver the change program through a process of coaching, training and mentoring whilst providing the wider Health, Safety and Environment Team with information and statistics on business performance as required
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including senior management, operational staff and external regulators
- Leading on new initiatives and always seeking opportunities to improve and develop Environment, Health & Safety performance
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally with manufacturing, chemical, logistics or related industry knowledge
- Ideally NCRQ or NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
- Excellent communicational skills with proven experience engaging colleagues and a wide range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant Health, Safety & Environment legislation
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a project based role within a renowned global organisation. If the role is of interest, please contact Emily Flynn on or 01923 433289.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.