Leading manufacturer within their field is seeking and experienced Health Safety and Environmental Manager to join their team due to continued growth and development. The main purpose of this role will be to monitor, manage and implement the environmental and health & safety systems of the Company ensuring compliance Globally and locally in the UK. You will also retain registration to ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001 to ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental legislation. The role cover their site between Wigan and but will have multisite responsibility and so it is essential that you have a driving license for this role.
HSE Manager Requirements:
- Experienced managing Health and Safety Projects
- Experience working with a heavy Manufacturing environment
- Experience of ISO 50001 Desirable or and Environmental Qualification
HSE Manager Duties:
- To review the environmental and health & safety systems of the Company and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Personally manage a small team of HSE Officers that assist and support the local site management teams & workforce in the prevention of accidents and ill health.
- To create and implement new policies and procedures as required by the health & safety / environmental system
- To assess training requirements and ensure all personnel are adequately trained in environmental and health & safety matters.
- To work closely with and support the Group HSE Director in meeting the company’s overall goal
- Ensure appropriate knowledge of any new and existing health, safety & environmental legislation.
- Highlight gaps in compliance of health, safety and environmental legislation and notify the appropriate persons. Advise on the implications of new, as well as existing, legislation and ensure compliance.
- To manage accident reporting
- To ensure that appropriate corrective actions are taken and recorded and reported to management.
- To create an annual management report and organise the ISO Management Reviews according to the health, safety & environmental Manual, in conjunction with the quality department.
- Identifying and implementing health and wellbeing initiatives and improvements.
- Identify and carry out H&S / environmental site audits, both internally and for the field team.
- Represent and provide advice to customers and other external parties on health, safety and environmental matters.
- Oversee the fire safety for the site & ensure compliance to the risk assessment.
- Ensure occupational health surveillance is carried out to comply with appropriate regulations.
- Maintain the driver licence checking system and ensure only authorised drivers are permitted to drive on company business.
- Ensure First aid requirements are suitable and sufficient.
- Arrange workplace air and noise monitoring.
- Identify budget requirements and request funds and facilities to meet requirements of the policy.
- To make certain that at planning stages and in the production processes allowance is made of adequate welfare facilities and equipment to avoid injury, damage and wastage.
- To ensure that the appropriate insurance cover which embraces both statutory and general requirements are met and maintained and that adequate copies of the insurance certificate are conspicuously displayed.