Fantastic opportunity to relocate to the Isle of Man with a generous relocation assistance package.
Job Title: Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Industry: High-Risk Manufacturing
Location: Isle of Man
Salary: range is £45,000 - £65,000 depending on experience
Benefits: Pension, Life insurance, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Professional Membership fees, relocation assistance if applicable.
Assured Safety Recruitment are partnering with an established, multi-national manufacturing group. The company is a highly regarded expert in their field, providing specialist products to customers throughout the world and investing in next-generation processing. The company are set to achieve significant growth, both organically and through acquisition.
We are recruiting for a Health, Safety and Environment Manager to join their manufacturing facility based on the Isle of Man. As Health, Safety and Environment Manager you will ensure the company adopts safe working practices and complies with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation.
Working closely with the SMT and the Site Leader you will:
- Develop policies and procedures including safe working practices.
- Develop and deliver health and safety training for all employees.
- Conduct health, safety and environment audits and inspections.
- Working collaboratively with the SMT to assist in the development of Business Continuity Plans (previous experience isn’t essential).
- Support accident investigations and route cause analysis.
- Conduct Site Health, Safety and Environment meetings.
- Manage all Fire Safety Procedures for the site including Fire Risk Assessments and ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Manage procedures for the handling and processing of hazardous materials and waste.
Previous experience leading health and safety in a high-risk and highly regulated manufacturing environment is essential - such as chemical manufacturing.
Experience of managing highly flammable substances and strong Fire Safety skills are essential i.e. experience in environments that fall under regulations such as COMAH, DSEAR and/or ATEX.
Nebosh Diploma Level 6 or equivalent. Exceptional candidates with relevant industry experience, who are working towards this qualification, will be considered.
About the Isle of Man
The Isle of Man is a leading international business centre renowned for its innovation, professionalism, and long-standing policy of positive engagement with international initiatives and standards. The Isle of Man has its own democratically elected Parliament and judicial system. In addition, the Isle of Man has a stable and diverse economy, with advanced infrastructure, a financially rewarding business environment, and an enviable quality of life.
In the Isle of Man, residents enjoy low taxes; pay 0% Capital Gains Tax, 0% Inheritance Tax, and 0% Stamp Duty.
The Isle of Man National Insurance Holiday Scheme (subject to meeting criteria) allows newly employed, relocated, or returning residents to apply for a refund on their National Insurance contributions for their first year of living or returning to the Isle of Man, with refunds capped at £4,000.