Health and Safety Consultant
North West | £30,000 - £35,000 + Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
We're pleased to have been engaged by a dynamic and fast-growing organisation, to recruit a Health and Safety Consultant to lead on projects within the manufacturing and construction industry. The role will focus on a number of high-profile projects across the UK. The company has an excellent reputation in the industry and is looking to build on their success over the coming years with exciting plans to grow.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Consultant will include:
- Managing and coordinating projects offering Health & Safety advice and CDM knowledge
- Undertaking and continually reviewing risk assessments, ensuring working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- Communicating effectively with clients and contractors to drive the CDM process to ensure compliance
- Undertaking machine compliance processes and carrying out machine safety audits
The successful Health and Safety Consultant will have:
- Relevant Health & Safety experience within manufacturing, construction or related industries
- An understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM) Regulations and knowledge of Machine Compliance and Machine safety audits (Desirable)
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders
- A positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within Health and Safety
This role will include some travel and spending nights away in different locations. A full UK driving license and a Car is required. For further information or to discuss the next step in your health and safety career contact Kirstie Putman on or 01923 432 635.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.