Health & Safety Advisor - The North British Distillery
Attractive salary plus excellent benefits
We are very pleased to be partnering on an exclusive basis with The North British Distillery to recruit a Health & Safety Advisor. The company has a long heritage of successful operations and is a leader in their field, recognised globally for the quality of their products.
This position will play a supporting role in ensuring the continuous improvement of health and safety across the site.
Responsibilities of the Health & Safety Advisor will include:
- Supporting the development and delivery of a best practice health and safety function, including ensuring compliance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Identifying and carrying out health and safety training and toolbox talks where required
- Ensuring adherence to the management systems, auditing safety and health performance, reporting and investigating any incidents and near misses
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, enforcement agencies, and suppliers
The successful Health & Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety position, ideally with experience from FMCG manufacturing, chemicals or oil and gas industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ certificate as minimum and ideally membership of a professional body (i.e IOSH)
- COMAH experience (desired)
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging at all levels
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation
This is an excellent opportunity to work with an experienced team on a range of new initiatives and projects. For further details, get in touch with Emily Flynn on 01923 433 289 or
Irwin & Colton is a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.